Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake Brownies are the perfect decadent dessert! A rich fudgy chocolate brownie bottom topped with a delightful cappuccino marbled cheesecake topping. These are super addictive, so you have been warned!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! ❤️ If you give it a try, please let me know how it turned out for you in the comments section at the bottom of the page or share a pic of your om noms on Instagram and tag @dishesanddustbunnies! ❤️
Get the Recipe at the bottom of the page!
This is in fact one of the very first recipes I ever developed on my own and created it long before I ever even thought of even starting a food blog. I'm so incredibly proud of this recipe not only because of how delicious and addictive they are but because of the memories associated with them.
Before becoming a stay-at-home mom, I used to work in the office of a busy call center here in Toronto. My job was to analyze the data and figure out how to help the teams make more sales – it was a bit of a stressful job at times and involved a lot of math, but one of the things I always looked forward to was seeing the looks of satisfaction on my co-worker's faces when they'd try my cappuccino cheesecake brownies around Christmastime!
During the 6 years I worked for the company, I created a tradition of making a couple of batches of these squares and bringing them to share with everyone! My coworkers enjoyed them so much that they would ask every year when I'd be bringing the cheesecake brownies to the office! lol ❤️❤️ People who, on some days worked remotely, would make sure they were physically in the office on the day I would bring the brownies to share!
A few years later, I lost my recipe notes and the card I had written the recipe on! Fast forward to earlier this year when I moved into my new apartment, I found the recipe again, so now I'm finally sharing it with you! I'm so excited!
How to make Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake Brownie Squares – Overview
This incredibly impressive dessert is actually surprisingly easy to make! At the bottom of this post, you'll find detailed instructions on how to create the yummy little squares, but first, before we begin, here is a short overview of how to make them. ❤️
Make the brownie batter: Melted semi-sweet chocolate is combined with butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
Make the cheesecake batter: Cream cheese is combined with sugar, an egg, instant coffee granules, vanilla, and a little bit of all-purpose flour.
Create layers: Pour the brownie batter into a greased and parchment paper lined square baking pan. Make sure to reserve about 1/2 cup of the batter for the top layer.
On top of the brownie layer, the cheesecake batter is poured.
Next, using a small spoon, drop dollops of the reserved brownie batter over top of the cheesecake layer. Using a toothpick or skewer, pull the dollops of batter around, making decorative swirls.
Sprinkle the top with mini chocolate chips.
Bake: Bake at 350°F for about 35 minutes. Allow the cheesecake brownies to cool (while still in the pan) on a wire rack until just about room temperature.
Chill: Cover the cheesecake brownies and place them in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
How to serve Cheesecake Brownie Squares
Before serving, take them from the fridge and leave them on the counter for about 10 minutes – this will make sure that their texture is just right when served. You can also serve them chilled directly from the fridge and they'll be great, just a little firmer.
Get the Recipe at the bottom of the page!
How to store Cheesecake Brownies
As these are made with cream cheese, it's best to store them in the fridge when not being served. When stirred in the fridge, they should keep for about a week and when stored in the freezer, they should be good for a couple of months.
If you enjoy Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake Brownies, you'll also love these recipes:
Brownie Layer Ingredients:
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Cheesecake Layer Ingredients:
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8″ square metal baking pan and line it with parchment paper. This will help you remove the brownies when they're ready.
Make the brownie batter:
- Melt the chocolate with the butter. You can do this in the microwave by heating 30-40 seconds, then stirring, then repeating until it's melted. Stir to combine the chocolate and butter. Allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk in the eggs, sugar and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add this to the chocolate mixture and combine. Set aside until needed.
Make the Cheesecake batter:
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese with the sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg.
- Dissolve the instant coffee granules with the vanilla, then add to the cream cheese mixture. Combine.
- Next, add the flour and combine. Set aside mixture until needed.
To assemble the Cheesecake brownies:
- Before the next step, reserve 1/2 cup of the brownie batter in a small bowl. You'll need this for putting on top.
- Into the baking pan, the remaining brownie batter. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- On top of this, pour the cheesecake batter.
- Next, using a small spoon, drop dollops of the reserved brownie batter over top of the cheesecake layer. The batter will sink down some, but that's ok! Using a toothpick or skewer, pull the dollops of batter around, making decorative swirls.
- Sprinkle the top of the cheesecake brownies with mini chocolate chips.
- Place in the oven to bake for 35 minutes.
- Once finished baking, remove from the oven and place the pan on top of a wire rack to cool (while still in the pan!). Allow the cheesecake brownies to come to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap, then place in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Gently lift the brownie out of the baking pan by hold the sides of the parchment paper – it should slide right out. Now, using a sharp knife, cut the brownies into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Time to chill: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking