This week, I’m pleased to present you with another awesome cheesecake recipe!
A few weeks back, I mentioned that since it’s blueberry season here in Ontario I’ve been stocking up and making as many blueberry treats and recipes as possible.
This tasty blueberry dessert is for blueberry cheesecake with a chocolate cookie crust!
A couple weeks ago I shared with you my strawberry cheesecake – and I’m excited to say the quite a few of my readers have reached out to me saying how much they loved it!
It always warms my heart and makes me feel so great when I hear back from my readers about how much they enjoy my recipes! 😀
With all the blueberries available and with how much we love cheesecake I could not resist making another version!
For this recipe, I used some of my homemade blueberry pie filling as a topping but you can certainly use the store-bought kind if you prefer.
For the crust I decided to use chocolate sandwich cookies which I processed finally in my food processor.
Everyone here really enjoyed the chocolate crust with this soft and fluffy cheesecake. Don’t get me started on the blueberry topping! 🙂
You can find my recipe below so you can try this out for yourself! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
psssst… while you're here… If you're looking for more delicious cheesecake recipes, be sure to check out this awesome cheesecake recipe round up!
- 2 tbsps butter, unsalted
- 22 chocolate sandwich cookies (I used Fudgeos), processed finely in a processor
- 3 (8 oz) packs of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsps vanilla
- 4 large eggs whites, room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup of blueberry pie filling
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 8″ spring form cake pan with butter. The pan sides should be at least 2 1/2″ to 3″ high.
- Combine cookie crumbs with the melted butter.
- Press the cookie crumb and butter mixture onto the bottom and sides of the pan using the bottom of a measuring cup (or similar) to flatten it down and pack it. Try to do this as evenly as possible. The crumbs should reach a little over half way up the sides of the pan.
- Cream together 1 cup of the sugar with the cream cheese and 1 tsp of the vanilla. Use an electric mixer to combine this well.
- In a separate bowl and using clean beaters, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Use an electric mixer for this.
- Once eggs have formed stiff peaks, gently fold them into the cream cheese. Do this in 3 parts – not all at once.
- Pour the cream cheese batter into the cake pan and spread it around with a spatula to make sure it's even.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Combine sour cream with remaining sugar and vanilla (1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla).
- Once the cake has baked for 35 minutes, evenly spread the sour cream mixture over the hot cheesecake.
- Spread the blueberry pie filling over top of the sour cream mixture.
- Bake in the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Once it has finished baking allow to cool on a wire rack (still in the pan) until it reaches room temperature.
- Chill covered in the fridge overnight (still in the pan).
- The next day, remove from the pan and it's ready to serve! 🙂
- Category: Dessert