Brownie Layer Ingredients:
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Cheesecake Layer Ingredients:
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8″ square metal baking pan and line it with parchment paper. This will help you remove the brownies when they’re ready.
Make the brownie batter:
- Melt the chocolate with the butter. You can do this in the microwave by heating 30-40 seconds, then stirring, then repeating until it’s melted. Stir to combine the chocolate and butter. Allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk in the eggs, sugar and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add this to the chocolate mixture and combine. Set aside until needed.
Make the Cheesecake batter:
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese with the sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg.
- Dissolve the instant coffee granules with the vanilla, then add to the cream cheese mixture. Combine.
- Next, add the flour and combine. Set aside mixture until needed.
To assemble the Cheesecake brownies:
- Before the next step, reserve 1/2 cup of the brownie batter in a small bowl. You’ll need this for putting on top.
- Into the baking pan, the remaining brownie batter. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- On top of this, pour the cheesecake batter.
- Next, using a small spoon, drop dollops of the reserved brownie batter over top of the cheesecake layer. The batter will sink down some, but that’s ok! Using a toothpick or skewer, pull the dollops of batter around, making decorative swirls.
- Sprinkle the top of the cheesecake brownies with mini chocolate chips.
- Place in the oven to bake for 35 minutes.
- Once finished baking, remove from the oven and place the pan on top of a wire rack to cool (while still in the pan!). Allow the cheesecake brownies to come to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap, then place in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Gently lift the brownie out of the baking pan by hold the sides of the parchment paper – it should slide right out. Now, using a sharp knife, cut the brownies into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Time to chill: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking