Are you looking for something extremely tasty that you're going to make again and again?
These baked honey garlic chicken wings are just the thing you need!
Chicken wings make me super happy for a few reasons:
- Simple to make
- They're a hit at parties and get togethers
- They're lip smacking good!
Today's recipe is for a ridiculously tasty bunch of honey garlic chicken wings…
These wings are super flavorful, sticky and garlicky with just the right amount of sweetness. Mmmmmm…
One of the things that makes this recipe so wonderful is that they are baked!
Yes, baked honey garlic chicken wings – not fried!
And you know what? Once you bite into these little meaty miracles you won't be able to tell the difference – they're sooo good!
To make sure the wings turn out as crispy and yummy as possible, I coated them in a mixture of cornstarch, garlic powder and a little salt and pepper. I then placed them on a wire baking rack on top of a cookie sheet and baked them for 20 minutes. Placing them on the wire rack helps make sure that they get the perfect crispness all over. 🙂
Once they finished baking, I tossed them in my homemade honey garlic sauce and broiled them in the oven for about 5 minutes to get the sauce to stick just right.
Just one warning before you make the recipe…
These are addictive so you may want to double the batch!!! 🙂Print
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tbsps cornstarch
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper (this can be according to your taste)
For the Sauce:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4–6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp honey
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsps brown sugar
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Pat chicken wings with paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine 2 tbsps cornstarch with garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Put the wings in the bowl and coat with the cornstarch mixture. You can move them around with your hands or tongs.
- Place a metal baking rack (like this one) on top of a cookie sheet. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place the coated wings on the rack – try to place them so none are touching. Giving space between them will help them crisp up. 🙂
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Using tongs, dip each wing into the honey garlic sauce (recipe below) and place back onto the wire rack on the cookie sheet.
- Place the wings back in the oven and Broil for 5-6 minutes. You want the heat to “glue” the sauce to the wings. 🙂
To make the Honey Garlic Wing sauce:
- While the wings are baking in the oven, make your wing sauce. 🙂
- In a medium pot on medium heat, warm up the oil.
- Add minced garlic and onion to the pot and stir around a bit. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the garlic and onions are softened and fragrant.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients to the pot, using a whisk to combine everything so that there are no lumps from the cornstarch.
- Increase the heat and bring the sauce to a gentle boil.
- As soon as it starts gently bubbling, turn down the heat to LOW. Continue to stir with the whisk as the sauce begins to thicken up.
- Once your wing sauce reaches the thickness you like, remove the pot from the heat. Keep in mind that the longer you let the sauce reduce, the stickier they will be when added to the wings! 😀 I usually stop simmer at about 6 minutes.
For a little spicy kick, try adding a little sriracha hot sauce to the wing sauce! 🙂
- Category: Appetiser
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Asian