These potato wedges really remind me of some of the delicious pub food I used to devour back in my university days. These crispy little things are so addictive! I never end up having leftovers when I make this and they're not as unhealthy as the deep fried version you usually get in the typical pub.
To make these much more healthy I bake them in the oven on a cookie sheet on a wire baking rack. The baking rack prevents the wedges from sitting in and absorbing any excess oil and allows everything to get all crispy and delicious. Below is an picture of the potato wedges before they went into the oven.
I'm confident that you'll enjoy these just as much as we do!Print
- 3 lbs white potatoes
- 2 1/2 tbsps cornstarch
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tbsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cornstarch, seasoning salt, Italian herbs, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder an pepper.
- Wash your potatoes well and cut into wedges leaving the skins on.
- Place the wedges into the bowl with the dry ingredients and toss with a spoon to evenly coat.
- Now drizzle the vegetable oil over the seasoning coated wedges (you can use a little less oil than the 1/4 cup if you like). Toss the wedges in the oil until coated.
- Now place the wedges (skin side down) onto a wire baking rack which is resting on a large cookie sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake for about 35 min or until golden and crispy.