A homemade version of the zesty sauce from Burger King. This copycat recipe for onion ring sauce is a zesty, homemade version that tastes even better than the original and it's so tasty you'll want to put it on everything! Try it with more than just onion rings; it goes great with Bloomin' Onions and fries too!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! ❤️ If you give it a try, please let me know how it turned out for you in the comments section at the bottom of the page or share a pic of your om noms on Instagram and tag @dishesanddustbunnies! ❤️
What is Onion Ring Sauce made of?
Onion ring sauce or dip is made by combining simple ingredients like mayonnaise, creamy or prepared horseradish, a little ketchup, some smoked paprika, oregano and some salt and pepper.
The “secret ingredient” that gives the sauce its signature zesty flavour is the horseradish. Feel free to adjust the amount depending on your own tastes if you'd like more or less of a kick!
How to make Onion Ring Sauce
Making your own homemade version of Burger King onion ring sauce is super easy! All you have to do is combine all the ingredients (horseradish, mayo, etc) and let it chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
How long is Onion Ring Sauce Good for?
When stored in an air-tight container in the fridge, onion ring sauce will be good for about a week.
Can I freeze it? As the sauce is made with mayonnaise, I'd recommend not storing it in the freezer as its texture will be affected. Whenever I make it, it's usually completely gobbled up before I even need to think about storing it longer than a few days! lol yum!
Use Onion ring sauce with:
- Onion Rings – this is my guide on how to make the perfect crispy onion rings right at home!
- Bloomin' Onion
- Chicken nuggets
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Fries and tater tots
- Anything crispy and fried is delicious with the sauce!
- ½ cup mayonnaise – it's best to use the real kind, like Hellmans
- 2 tbsps creamy or prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- ⅓ tsp smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours to allow the flavours to develop.
- Serve as a dip for onions rings, bloomin' onions, fries or any other crispy fried food.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Chill Time: 3 hours
- Category: Dips and Condiments