As an East Coast Canadian originally from New Brunswick, there's no way I can have a blog and NOT post about seafood. I mean, that would be just insane right? lol
Practically anything and everything from the briny deeps of the sea is a favorite in this house, but the king that takes the crown is definitely fresh Atlantic lobster!
One of the best ways to enjoy those tasty morsels of succulent lobster meat is to serve it as the classic lobster roll. YUM YUM!
These amazing sandwiches are overflowing with juicy chunks of lobster, some mayo, a little lemon juice and some salt and pepper. So simple but sooooo good!
If you have some intact lobster claw meat, just tuck them in your sandwich like in the pictures – it's awesome for presentation!
Serving these sandwiches with a big ol' hunk of claw meat is enough to impress just about anyone…
… OMG… drool…
My goodness, I wish I could have lobster every day! Don't you?
While lobster meat can cost a pretty penny depending on the season, if you look carefully in your grocery store flyers you might be able to find some for a more reasonable cost. If you're lucky enough live near the water, you might even want to check out the local waterfront or farmers market to find a good price.
Well, wherever you get your lobster from, you're going to LOVE it in this recipe!
Lobster rolls are very popular in the New England area of the US and also in the Atlantic Canadian provinces. Seriously, if you haven't had a lobster roll yet, please… PLEASE… do something special for yourself and make one!
You know deserve a nice treat like this once in a while! 🙂
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, chilled lobster meat, roughly chopped – Make sure any Claw meat is left intact and set aside (we used 3 small 1lb lobsters)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp real mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice (you can use more if you like but I wouldn't go over 1 tbsp)
- 1 celery stalk, chopped finely (cut the stalk lengthwise in 3, then chop into small cubes)
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 green onion, chopped finely, set aside
- Some iceburg lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
- 3 toasted sausage rolls or hot dog buns
- In a mixing bowl, gently combine the chopped lobster meat (except the claw meat that's been set aside) with the mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, salt and pepper.
- Put the mixing bowl into the fridge to chill for about 10 minutes.
To assemble the Lobster Rolls:
- Toast the buns and butter them if desired.
- Into each bun, place some lettuce leaves. I like to make a little boat shape with the leaves when I place them into the buns, so that the lobster meat filling stays inside better.
- On top of the lettuce, spoon some of the lobster meat filling.
- Now if you have any intact claw meat, make the sandwiches pretty by tucking in some claw meat (like in the pictures).
- Sprinkle some green onion slices over the sandwiches and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: Atlantic Canadian