- 2 1/2 cups cooked, chilled lobster meat, roughly chopped – Make sure any Claw meat is left intact and set aside (we used 3 small 1lb lobsters)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp real mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice (you can use more if you like but I wouldn’t go over 1 tbsp)
- 1 celery stalk, chopped finely (cut the stalk lengthwise in 3, then chop into small cubes)
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 green onion, chopped finely, set aside
- Some iceburg lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
- 3 toasted sausage rolls or hot dog buns
- In a mixing bowl, gently combine the chopped lobster meat (except the claw meat that’s been set aside) with the mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, salt and pepper.
- Put the mixing bowl into the fridge to chill for about 10 minutes.
To assemble the Lobster Rolls:
- Toast the buns and butter them if desired.
- Into each bun, place some lettuce leaves. I like to make a little boat shape with the leaves when I place them into the buns, so that the lobster meat filling stays inside better.
- On top of the lettuce, spoon some of the lobster meat filling.
- Now if you have any intact claw meat, make the sandwiches pretty by tucking in some claw meat (like in the pictures).
- Sprinkle some green onion slices over the sandwiches and serve.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: Atlantic Canadian