- 2 ½ cups cooked, chilled lobster meat, roughly chopped – claw, tail and knuckle meat are all great
- ¼ cup real mayonnaise
- 3 tbsps melted butter, cooled to room temperature
- juice of ½ a lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 celery stalk, chopped finely (cut the stalk lengthwise in 3, then chop into very small cubes)
- 1 green onion, only use the green parts – slice very thinly, then chop very finely
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: Some iceburg lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
- 3 toasted sausage rolls or top cut hot dog buns
- In a mixing bowl, gently combine the chopped lobster meat with the mayonnaise, melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, celery, green onion, salt and pepper.
- Put the mixing bowl into the fridge to chill for about 10 minutes.
How To assemble Lobster Rolls:
- Toast the buns and butter them if desired. Top cut hot dog buns are great toasted and buttered for lobster rolls!
- Optional: Into each bun, place some lettuce leaves. I like to make a little boat shape with the leaves when I place them into the buns, so that the lobster meat filling stays inside better. If you don’t line your bun with lettuce, that’s ok! I enjoy them either way!
- On top of the lettuce or inside of the bun, spoon some of the lobster meat filling.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: Atlantic Canadian