Ok, pizza fans – are you ready for this?
Get ready to dig into one the most satisfying and scrumptious pizzas you'll ever have – introducing my recipe for buffalo chicken pizza!
We're pizza lovers in this house – it's no secret.
Just about any form of pizza and pizza related goodies are always a huge hit in this family – recently though, my family has been requesting my buffalo chicken pizza quite often!
I mean, really, who can resist a tasty looking pizza pie like this? 🙂
This recipe makes for one scrumptious and irresistibly cheesy buffalo chicken pizza. It's not just the cheese that makes this so amazing. It's also all about those succulent chunks of chicken breast drenched in zingy buffalo wing sauce!
Speaking of which, have you checked out my recipe for homemade buffalo sauce?
My goodness, if you haven't yet, please do! The homemade version of the sauce is what I use when I make buffalo chicken pizza and is soooooo amazing – it's one of those recipes I'm super proud of. 😀
Oh, and some of the magic deliciousness is all about the ranch dressing spread on the dough instead of traditional pizza sauce – seriously – if you haven't tried doing this, you're missing out. Seriously, trust me on this – it's sooo good!
If you'd like, you can also try using blue cheese dressing instead of the traditional pizza sauce. I'm a ranch kind of girl so that's what I used for the pizza in the pictures here. 🙂
- 1 Pizza dough (you can use my recipe here)
- 1 cup cooked, cubed chicken breast
- 3 tbsp ranch or blue cheese salad dressing (If you'd like, you can try making your own ranch dressing using my recipe here)
- 3/4 cup of Buffalo Wing Sauce (I used my homemade buffalo sauce recipe – you can too!)
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 – 2 tbsp cornmeal
- Optional: Blue Cheese crumbles – however much you prefer
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Spray a 12″ or 15″ pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the pan evenly with cornmeal.
- Roll out your pizza dough and place into the pizza pan.Using a fork, dock or poke the pizza dough all over the surface to remove any air bubbles.
- Spread 1 tbsp of the olive oil over the surface of the dough.
- Place the dough in a warm place to rise while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the chicken with the buffalo sauce to evenly coat.
- Spread the ranch or blue cheese salad dressing on the pizza dough.
- On top of this sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- On top of the cheese, arrange the buffalo chicken evenly. Be sure to drizzle any leftover sauce from the mixing bowl on top of the chicken. Don't want to waste any of that precious sauce! 😀
- On top of the chicken, sprinkle the remaining mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the top with chopped green onions and a little blue cheese if desired.
- Place the pizza in the oven to bake for 25 – 30 minutes. The top should bubble a little and get a little bit of a golden color when ready.
- Cut into slices and serve!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Main