Last week I shared with you my wickedly awesome recipe for the perfect fried shrimp and many of you asked me to post the homemade Buffalo sauce recipe from the pictures of that post as soon as possible. 🙂
You guys are so awesome! I know I've said this before in other posts, but it really means a lot to me when I hear how excited you are about the things I post! <3
So as promised… my homemade Buffalo Sauce recipe!
Homemade buffalo sauce is perfect for dipping or you can use it as a wing sauce. Honestly, when I use this in any recipe, it never lasts long!
The best part is that it's simple to make and tastes spectacular – yes indeed! 😀
One of the things that I find so irresistible about buffalo sauce is that it has a smooth creamy texture along with it's spiciness.
Guess what creates the velvety texture of the sauce?
That's right, butter!
Using butter in the recipe gives the sauce such a nice texture and slight sweetness that goes perfectly with the little bite of spice.
Please try out this recipe and let me know what you think in the comment section below – don't forget to try it as a dip for my fried shrimp! 😀
Other Recipes You'll Enjoy:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup tomato juice
- 4 tsp Tabasco sauce (you can adjust this according to your tastes)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1 stick butter, cut up
- In a medium sized saucepan combine all ingredients and whisk together (on medium heat).
- Continue to stir the ingredients in the pot until the butter has melted and is well incorporated into the sauce – about 5 minutes.
- Turn down the heat and continue to simmer in the pot for about 10 minutes.
- The color of the sauce should start to look orange-ish red and will thicken up.
- Use in your favorite recipes, as a dipping sauce, for use with wings, etc.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins