Dive into the world of luck charms with this effortless and scrumptious no-bake treats recipe for Lucky Charms bars! Imagine magical marshmallows nestled in a gooey base, dipped in creamy melted white chocolate – it's truly a taste bud sensation! This fun treat is perfect for brightening any day or even celebrating St. Patrick's Day. 🍀 With minimal prep time, let's embark on this enchanting culinary adventure together and create something truly delightful! 😊✨
I hope you enjoy this recipe! ❤️ If you give it a try, please let me know how it turned out for you in the comments section at the bottom of the page or share a pic of your om noms on Instagram and tag @dishesanddustbunnies! ❤️
Welcome to an easy recipe perfect for any dessert cuisine occasion – presenting the Magically Delicious Lucky Charm Bars! This great recipe will have kids and adults alike reminiscing about those childhood days of enjoying a large bowl of favorite Lucky Charms cereal.
These gooey, colorful, and delightful treats are a super fun take on classic Rice Krispies Treats, offering a magical touch that's perfect for St. Patrick's Day, or even birthday parties.
You'll have a fantastic time whipping up these Lucky Charms Treat Bars and, once you try them, you'll find it hard to stop eating — trust us, kids love them!
Serve these magically delicious Lucky Charms Treat Bars at your next party, as an after-school snack, or just as a fun dessert for the family. They pair superbly with a cold glass of milk or a hot cup of tea or coffee.
If you enjoy this Lucky Charms Treat Bars recipe, then you'll love these fruity pebbles cookies from ‘365 Days of Baking and More'. These cookies are full of fruity fun, with bright colors that make them a great treat for special occasions!
What are lucky charms treat bars?
Lucky Charms Treat Bars are a delicious homemade snack made with Lucky Charms cereal, marshmallows, and butter. The bars are easy to make and can be enjoyed as a sweet treat or even as an after-school snack. They're sure to become an instant favorite with both kids and adults!
What are lucky charm bars made of?
The Lucky Charms Treat Bars require Lucky Charms cereal, mini marshmallows, unsalted butter, vanilla extract, and optional ingredients like colorful sprinkles or edible glitter for extra magic. The recipe can also be jazzed up with the addition of a cup of white chocolate chips. The squares get an extra touch of scrumptiousness by dipping them into a coat of creamy white chocolate on the underside.
All these ingredients combine to create a delicious and tasty treat that is sure to bring a bit of luck and joy to any special occasion.
How to make Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats – Overview
You can find the full recipe details, including ingredient amounts and the full instructions in the recipe card at the bottom of this post, but first, here's a quick overview of how to make homemade lucky charms treat bars from scratch!
They're perfect for adding a touch of magic to any occasion and trust me; they taste as amazing as they look!
First, I melted some unsalted butter in a large pot over low heat. Then, I added mini marshmallows to the melted butter and stirred them until they were all combined. After removing the pan from the heat, I stirred in some vanilla extract for that extra hint of flavor.
Now, here's where the fun really starts! I gently folded in Lucky Charms cereal until it was completely coated in the gooey marshmallow mixture. It's important to stir constantly during this step so that everything is well combined. Then, I pressed the mixture into a 9×9 inch pan lined with parchment paper or greased with butter. To make the treats even more magical, I sprinkled on some colorful sprinkles or edible glitter while the mixture was still warm.
I let the bars cool completely before cutting them into squares and placing them on a tray or wax paper-lined baking sheet. But wait, there's more! I decided to give these treats an indulgent twist by melting 1 cup of white chocolate chips and dipping the bottom of each cooled treat bar in it. I placed them back on the tray and chilled the treats in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes so the white chocolate could set.
And voila! These delightful lucky charm bars were ready to serve and enjoy. They were a hit at my last gathering, and I'm sure they'll be a hit at yours too. So go ahead, give this recipe a try and let the magic begin! Happy baking!
How to Prevent Lucky Charm Treats from Sticking to the Pan:
Got sticky Lucky Charms treat troubles? Fear not, I've got you covered! The secret weapon? Nonstick cooking spray! Just follow these quick steps for a stick-free experience:
- Spritz your prepared pan generously with cooking spray to create a barrier between the pan and the cereal mixture.
- Press the cereal mixture into the prepared baking dish using your hands, a spatula, or parchment paper coated with nonstick cooking spray to prevent it from becoming overly sticky. To prevent the cereal mixture from sticking to my hands, I spray a small piece of parchment paper with non-stick spray and then press down the surface. This simple trick keeps my hands clean and the mixture even.
Voilà! These simple tricks will make your treat-making process a breeze, and you'll be enjoying those scrumptious Lucky Charms treats in no time. Give it a try and say goodbye to sticky situations! Happy snacking! 😊
Here are a few Recipe Tips:
- For a more impressive presentation with these easy treats, reserve a handful of extra Lucky Charms marshmallows to sprinkle on top before they cool. A few extra marshmallows on top will really add to the presentation!
- If you're making this no bake dessert, here's a tip: using a bigger pot on the stove is your best bet (I use a non stick pot but a regular one is fine too). Alternatively, melt butter in a large microwave-safe bowl, then gradually heat the marshmallows until they're gooey and smooth. Finally, add the cereal and vanilla before pressing everything into a pan.
- Melting the white chocolate for dipping: To melt the white chocolate for this recipe, I usually find using the microwave to be the simplest method.
Alternatively, you could melt the chocolate in a heat-safe glass bowl over a pot of boiling water over medium heat. For those using this method, it's critical to stir continuously until completely melted to prevent the chocolate from burning.
Are there other Cereals I can use in this recipe other than Lucky Charms Cereal?
Absolutely, there's a world of possibilities with cereal bars! Don't hesitate to swap out Lucky Charms for another favorite cereal like Rice Krispie or any other that you love.
Imagine the snap, crackle, and pop of Rice Krispies combined with gooey marshmallows – the classic treat never disappoints! Plus, you can customize it with tasty add-ins like chocolate chips or peanut butter.
So, unleash your creativity and try making different unique cereal treats! You might just find a new family favorite to share. Happy experimenting! 😊
Ready to get creative with your Lucky Charms treat bars? Here are some fantastic recipe variations that will add a twist to this classic snack and make it even more exciting!
- Chocolate Drizzle: Add a touch of indulgence by drizzling melted chocolate over the top of your finished treat bars. You can use milk, dark, or white chocolate – or even a combination of all three!
- Peanut Butter Swirl: Before pressing the mixture into the pan, gently fold in 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter for an irresistible peanut butter twist. You can also use almond or cashew butter for a nutty variation.
- Extra Marshmallows: For an extra gooey and marshmallow-packed experience, stir in an additional cup of mini marshmallows to the mixture.
- Fruity Fun: Add some dried fruit like cranberries, raisins, or chopped apricots to the mix for a sweet and chewy surprise.
- S'mores Style: Turn your Lucky Charms treat bars into a s'mores-inspired delight by adding crushed graham crackers and chocolate chips to the mixture. You can even sprinkle some mini marshmallows on top before cutting them into bars.
- Party Sprinkles: Make your treat bars even more festive by stirring in colorful sprinkles or nonpareils into the mixture or by sprinkling them on top before the bars set.
- Cookie Crumble: Crush your favorite cookies (like Oreos or chocolate chip cookies) and mix them into the Lucky Charms mixture for a delightful cookie-infused twist.
- Nutty Crunch: Add some crunch to your treat bars by incorporating chopped nuts like almonds, pecans, or walnuts. You can also use seeds like sunflower or pumpkin seeds for a nut-free option.
- Colorful Marshmallows: Instead of using plain white marshmallows, colorful ones add a festive touch.
- Make them EXTRA festive for St. Patrick's Day: To make these the perfect St. Patrick's Day treat, add green food coloring to the melted marshmallows before adding the lucky charms cereal.
- For a cereal combo, I love swapping 1 cup of Lucky Charms for Rice Krispies. The mixture of cereals really hits the spot! Now you have lucky charms rice krispie treats!
- Can I use salted butter? Yes, I've found that using salted butter instead of unsalted actually makes little difference in the taste of the final treat! Use what you have on hand!
- Can I use large marshmallows instead of mini ones? Yes, you can use large marshmallows instead of mini ones!
Remember, the sky's the limit when it comes to customizing your Lucky Charms treat bars! Feel free to mix and match these ideas or come up with your own unique variations. Happy experimenting! 😊
How to Store lucky charms treat bars
To keep your bars in tip-top shape, simply wrap them individually with parchment or wax paper – this way, they won't stick together and their texture stays just right! In my opinion, wrapping in parchment or wax paper is far superior to using plastic wrap as it sticks less. Then, find an airtight container with a secure lid and place the wrapped bars inside.
You know what's even better? Storing that container in the fridge for optimal freshness. It's amazing how these little tricks can make all the difference in preserving their scrumptiousness! Give it a try and see the results for yourself!
How long are lucky charms treats good for?
When stored at room temperature, Lucky Charms Treat Bars can last for up to five days. To make sure they remain fresh and delicious, it is best to store them in an airtight container.
If you are looking to extend the snack's shelf life, storing the bars in the refrigerator can keep them good for up to two weeks, while storing them in the freezer will keep them in good condition for up to three months. When storing in either the refrigerator or freezer, be sure to use a sealed plastic bag or airtight container to reduce the risk of spoilage from moisture or other outside elements.
Can I freeze lucky charms treat bars?
Oh, absolutely! Freezing Lucky Charms treat bars is a fantastic idea! I've done it myself a few times, and it's such a great way to extend their shelf life and enjoy them later.
When you freeze these delightful treats, their texture remains pretty much the same, and the taste is just as mouthwatering as ever! Just make sure to wrap each bar individually in parchment or wax paper, and then place them in an airtight container or a freezer-safe Ziploc bag. This will help prevent freezer burn and keep those magical marshmallow bits intact!
Whenever you're craving a delicious, nostalgic snack, simply take a bar out of the freezer and let it thaw at room temperature for a few minutes. Trust me; you'll be amazed by how fresh and yummy they still are!
So, go ahead and give it a try! Pop those Lucky Charms treat bars in the freezer and enjoy them whenever you please. Happy snacking! 😊
What to Serve with lucky charms treat bars?
Lucky Charms treat bars are such a delightful snack and they're perfect for sharing with friends and family. I've got some wonderful suggestions for what to serve alongside them.
First, let's talk about beverages. Since these bars are sweet and crunchy, I love pairing them with a cold glass of milk – it's a match made in heaven! Or if you're in the mood for something warm and cozy, a cup of hot chocolate or a frothy latte would be divine.
Now, onto the snacks! One of my all-time favorite pairings with Lucky Charms treat bars is a fruit platter. The natural sweetness and juiciness of fruits like strawberries, grapes, and pineapple complement the bars beautifully. Plus, it adds a pop of color and freshness to the table!
If you're looking to balance out the sweetness, consider serving a savory snack mix or popcorn on the side. Trust me, the combination of sweet and salty flavors will have your taste buds singing with joy!
- 4 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: colorful sprinkles or edible glitter for extra magic
- Optional: 1 ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Melt the butter & marshmallows: In a large saucepan, melt the unsalted butter over low heat. Add the mini marshmallows, stirring occasionally, until they are completely melted and combined with the butter. Remove from heat.
- Add the vanilla extract: Stir in the vanilla extract until evenly combined.
- Mix in the Lucky Charms cereal: Gently fold the Lucky Charms cereal into the marshmallow mixture until the cereal is completely coated with the gooey marshmallow mixture.
- Press into a pan: Line a 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper or grease it with a light layer of butter. Transfer the cereal mixture to the pan, and press it evenly using a spatula or your hands (make sure to grease them with some butter to prevent sticking).
- Add a touch of magic: While the mixture is still warm, you can sprinkle some colorful sprinkles or edible glitter on the top to enhance the magical appearance of your Lucky Charms Treat Bars.
- Cool & cut: Allow the bars to cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares. Place the squares on a tray or wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Prepare the white chocolate: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 1/2 cups of white chocolate chips in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth and fully melted.
- Dip the treats: Dip the bottom of each cooled Lucky Charms treat bar in the melted white chocolate and place them back on the tray or lined baking sheet.
- Chill and serve: Place the tray of dipped treats in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes or until the white chocolate has set. Serve and enjoy the extra layer of indulgence!
Alternative Adjustments: If you'd like to incorporate white chocolate chips INSIDE the treat bars, just mix 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips in step 2. This will give a subtle white chocolate flavor without being as rich as the dipped version.
- Prep Time: 25
- Chill Time: 15-20
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake