I used to purchase those little fajita seasoning packs but once I started making my own mixes I never looked back!
There are lots of different recipes out there to make your own DIY fajita seasoning mix, but I thought I would share my version with you. This combination of spices makes for super flavorful and delicious fajitas!
Lately, I've been making a whole lot of chicken fajitas. With this gorgeous weather coming in, I haven't really felt like spending as much time indoors.
I sort of feel like I've been in an extra long winter hibernation for far too long! lol
Fajitas are such a quick and easy meal to prepare! They're great for those days when you want something tasty but don't want to put in too much effort! lol
This fajita seasoning mix is superb when used with chicken, but you can also use it with thinly sliced strips of beef.
I have a jar of this on hand in the cupboards for when I need to make a quick meal and just mix together some more when I need to. 🙂
Looks at those chicken fajitas below! Don't they look yummy??
Check out my fajita seasoning recipe below! 😀
More Seasoning Mix Recipes You'll enjoy:
Fajita Seasoning Mix
- Yield: Makes about 3/4 cup fajita seasoning mix 1x
- 3 tbsps cornstarch
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp chicken boullion powder (you can crush up the cubed kind if that's what you have)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in an air-tight container such as a mason jar.
- Shake the jar to make sure everything is very well combined.
Use 2 1/2 tbsps for every 1 lb of meat
- Category: Homemade Mixes