Last week I shared with you my recipe for homemade fajita seasoning mix.
This week I'll show you how easy it is to make delicious chicken fajitas right at home. 🙂
There are a lot of different ways that people enjoy having fajitas but personally I enjoy a combination of sliced onions with green and red peppers.
I usually cook up some slices of chicken breast that were seasoned with my homemade fajita seasoning mix. You could also use thin strips of beef in your fajitas as well.
Chicken fajitas can be made very quickly when you're short on time BUT if you do have a little extra time, you might want to try marinating the strips of meat in the seasoning for a couple hours before cooking.
It's not absolutely essential that you do, but it does give the meat a great flavor. 🙂
Ok, so if you look at the image above it looks like one person is sitting down to eat a big pile of peppers and chicken. lol
This is just how I like to serve fajitas. I lay all the ingredients out and everyone can put as little or as much as they'd like into their tortilla wraps.
I like a little salsa or guacamole as toppings for my fajitas but they're still super tasty with just the meat and veggies!
Chicken fajitas are awesome served with some Mexican style rice and some corn.
Check out the recipe below!
- 2 1/2 tbsps of fajita seasoning mix (you can use my recipe here)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- flour tortillas
- In a large skillet or frying pan, heat up the cooking oil on medium heat.
- Put the chicken in a mixing bowl and coat the strips with the fajita seasoning.
- Once the oil in the pan is hot, lay the chicken strips in the pan. Try not to overcrowd the pan.
- Cook the strips for about 3 minutes on one side and flip over to continue cooking. The strips should be browned on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Into the same skillet, cook the pepper and onions, add the water and cook until softened. The leftover seasonings from cooking the chicken will flavor the peppers and onions. 🙂
- Serve the chicken strips with the peppers and onions wrapped up in flour tortillas.
How do you like your chicken fajitas?
I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below! 🙂