If you're looking for a different way to jazz up some chicken breasts for dinner, adding pineapple salsa is a great way to change things up!
A couple weeks ago I shared with you, my recipe for fresh pineapple salsa and a few my readers were interested in how I serve it with chicken or fish.
It's super easy to do this and looks so fantastic when served to guests, or even just for you!
First, make sure that you have some pineapple salsa prepared and ready before cooking your chicken. It's important that the salsa is room temperature and not at “just pulled out of the fridge” level of coldness.
I brown the chicken breasts in a skillet, season them with salt and pepper and then finish cooking them in the oven.
Once the chicken has finished in the oven I plate them and top with the desired amount of pineapple salsa, also making sure there's a little of the juice drizzled over the top.
I find that the pineapple salsa and chicken taste best when the salsa is fresh, rather than cooked on top of the chicken in the oven.
This way the salsa doesn't lose its texture, plus it will warm up just enough when you place it on top of the warm, just out of the oven chicken.
Pineapple salsa is also delicious on top of most kinds of fish, such as salmon or tilapia. Just bake or cook your fish as you usually would and then add the salsa on top!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you try the pineapple salsa on any other meats. 🙂
- Pineapple Salsa – you can use my recipe here 🙂
- Chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a frying pan or skillet set to medium high heat, add oil and allow to heat up.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper as desired and place into the skillet.
- Cook the chicken on both sides until golden. It should take about 5 minutes for each side but might take a little more time depending on how many breasts you have in the pan and the amount of moisture.
- Once the chicken has browned on both sides transfer them onto a baking sheet to finish cooking in the oven.
- Finish baking the chicken in the oven. They should only take about 20-25 minutes but keep in mind they may need more time if you've got a lot of chicken in there! Just keep an eye on them – I like to check my chicken with a meat thermometer to make sure they're done (recommended ‘doneness' is 165°F).
- Once the chicken is cooked through serve with pineapple salsa on top. Pineapple salsa should be room temperature when you top it on the chicken and not cold.
- Category: Main
I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below! 🙂