Pineapple is a big hit with me and with spring coming to full bloom it just seems like a good idea to add it to anything and everything. It's so fresh and sweet and goes with almost anything.
I'll have pineapple on my pizza, in my salad, in my drink (pina colada anyone?) and yes, also in my salsa!
In this post I'll share with you, my super easy and tasty fresh pineapple salsa recipe!
Isn't salsa awesome?!
All my life I've enjoyed the usual plain old (and also delicious) tomato based salsa when having Mexican food or tortilla chips. In the past couple of years, I've tried out different combinations and love to experiment with flavors!
My most favorite salsa is a combination of pineapple, red peppers, green onion, cilantro and lime with a little kick from jalapeno!
If you've never tried pineapple salsa before – please do it!! You're seriously missing out!
The sweetness of the pineapple along with the other ingredients, especially the lime and cilantro, taste super amazing no matter how you serve it. It tastes great with the usual tortilla chips but I would highly recommend trying it as a side dish with dinner.
This stuff is so easy to make – chop everything up, combine the ingredients and drizzle some lime. That's it!
My son Donnie, LOVES pineapple salsa! I mean, what kid wouldn't like something sweet like this? Since he's only 2 years old, I make sure to give him a portion without any jalapeno pieces. When he's finished with his salsa, he always asks for more.
I think it's a great way to get some fruits and veggies into a kid who's sometimes picky! 🙂
- 2 tbsp jalapeno, chopped in small pieces – I used pickled jalapenos but you could also use fresh – if you do, seed the pepper before chopping
- 3 cups, chopped fresh pineapple – I like a mix of small and medium sized pieces but nothing over 1/2″ diameter
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped in small pieces about the same size as the pineapple pieces
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and drizzle with lime.
- Serve with tortilla chips or on top of chicken or fish. You can also have this as a small salad.
- That's it!