I love experimenting with making my own homemade versions of store bought mixes. Add a little of this and a little of that and something great happens…
You’ll have yourself a quick, frugal and convenient way to flavor lots of different recipes!
Today, I’m sharing with you my version of of the classic dry onion soup mix. You’ll love using this to make boring food jump right out and say EAT ME! lol 😀
Making your own homemade onion soup mix is not only frugal and convenient to have on hand, it’s also a much healthier way to flavor recipes than using the store bought kind.
Plus, it’s fun to mix up a bunch of ingredients to make such an awesome multi-purpose mix to enhance recipes!
Here’s a few ways to use Onion Soup Mix:
Add some onion soup mix to any of the following for AWESOME flavor!
- Sprinkle some on top of a roast before it goes into the oven
- Use to flavor chicken
- Use a sprinkle to flavor roast veggies
- Use it as a base for homemade soup
Can you think of some other ways to use onion soup mix?
I’d love to hear from you, so please let me know in the comment section below the recipe!
- 1 cup dehydrated onion flakes
- ⅔ cup beef bouillon powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp celery seed
- 1½ tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar or other air tight container. Shake it up real good so everything is very well combined.
- Use 4- 5 tbsps to equal a store bought pouch - feel feel to adjust the amount used according to your tastes.