Chili is one of my family's favorite comfort foods and this recipe is incredibly delicious and simple to make. One of the best things about chili is how friendly the ingredients are on the wallet!
I just love putting together a big pot of chili and smelling it cook while I go about my day. It's such a wonderful and filling meal that the whole family enjoys – even my 3 year old son can't get enough! :)
This is one rich and meaty chili just full of all the good stuff! It's sure to wam you up on a cold day! 😀
One of the great things about this recipe is that there are usually leftovers for another meal the next day. Sometimes though, I like to put some in the freezer to save for another day – that is if my husband doesn't eat it all up before I pack some away! haha
If you like your chili a little more spicy, you can try adjusting the seasonings to your taste. The recipe as it is will give a nice kick but it won't be overwhelming – just warm and delicious yumminess!
I've loaded this recipe up with some lean ground beef, kidney beans, corn, onions and some seasonings. You could try adding some different ingredients such as mushrooms, or you could even try using ground chicken instead of beef. It's up to you! 🙂
Recommended Tools for this recipe:
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1½ cups frozen corn
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper (use more if you like it hotter)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 (19 oz) cans red kidney beans
- 2 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes with herbs and spices
- 1 (5 oz) can tomato paste
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain off the fat.
- Add chopped onions and spices to the ground beef and cook on medium for a few minutes until onions are slightly softened.
- Pour the contents of the skillet into the slow cooker.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans.
- Add beans, corn, diced tomatoes and tomato paste to the slow cooker. Combine.
- Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours