A couple of weeks ago I shared with you my delicious recipe for homemade strawberry shortcake.
As promised, in today's post I bring you my super simple and CRAZY EASY homemade whipped cream recipe.
Making your own homemade fluffy whipped cream at home is super easy. If you’ve never made whipped cream from scratch before don’t worry, the process is actually very simple. 🙂
Before you dive right in and make some fluffy whipped cream, there’s a few tips that you should know to help you make it perfect every single time.
How to Make Whipped Cream – Important Tips
1. When making whipped cream it’s best to use a metal bowl that’s been chilled for a little while. Using a warm or room temperature bowl will make make it difficult for the whipped cream to puff up and hold its shape.
2. For best results use a full fat cream labeled “Heavy Cream” or “Whipping Cream”. The fat content of the cream should ideally be around 30-35%. Using cream with a lower fat content just won't yield the results you're looking for.
3. When your whipped cream starts to form soft peaks, slow down and stop as soon as it’s just right. If your whipped cream is over mixed it will deflate, so watch carefully.
If you accidentally over whipped or deflated your cream, you can fix it by adding a little more cream from the carton and into the bowl. Whip for about 10 seconds then check to see if it's right. Be careful not to over whip it again! 🙂
And there you have it! I hope you found these tips useful in making your own homemade whipped cream!
You can find the recipe below. 😀
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tbsps confectioner/powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
To make homemade whipped cream by hand:
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Using a large balloon whisk, whisk together the ingredients by hand for about five minutes until soft peaks start to form.
- Test out your whipped cream by lifting the whisk out of the bowl – you'll know the whipped cream is ready when the cream has formed soft peaks and holds onto the whisk.
- Be careful not to overdo the whisking – if you whisk the whipped cream too much it will start to lose it's fluffy peaks and deflate. One of the important keys to making great whipped cream is to know when to stop whisking – just keep an eye out and stop when it reaches the right consistency. 🙂
To make homemade whipped cream using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer:
- Mix together all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer or stand mixer starting on low speed.
- Slowly increase the speed of your mixer and carefully watch for soft peaks beginning to form.
- Once soft peaks begin to form slow down your mixer to low speed and stop.
- Be careful not to mix the whipped cream at too fast of the speed or you may end up with deflated whipped cream. Just make sure that you keep your speed on low and only increase little by little as needed – stop as soon as you think it's reached the right consistency.
- If using this method, keep in mind that it should take only about 2 to 3 minutes using a machine.
- Category: Dessert