- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tbsps confectioner/powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
To make homemade whipped cream by hand:
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Using a large balloon whisk, whisk together the ingredients by hand for about five minutes until soft peaks start to form.
- Test out your whipped cream by lifting the whisk out of the bowl – you’ll know the whipped cream is ready when the cream has formed soft peaks and holds onto the whisk.
- Be careful not to overdo the whisking – if you whisk the whipped cream too much it will start to lose it’s fluffy peaks and deflate. One of the important keys to making great whipped cream is to know when to stop whisking – just keep an eye out and stop when it reaches the right consistency. 🙂
To make homemade whipped cream using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer:
- Mix together all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer or stand mixer starting on low speed.
- Slowly increase the speed of your mixer and carefully watch for soft peaks beginning to form.
- Once soft peaks begin to form slow down your mixer to low speed and stop.
- Be careful not to mix the whipped cream at too fast of the speed or you may end up with deflated whipped cream. Just make sure that you keep your speed on low and only increase little by little as needed – stop as soon as you think it’s reached the right consistency.
- If using this method, keep in mind that it should take only about 2 to 3 minutes using a machine.
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Dessert