- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup tomato juice
- 4 tsp Tabasco sauce (you can adjust this according to your tastes)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1 stick butter, cut up
- In a medium sized saucepan combine all ingredients and whisk together (on medium heat).
- Continue to stir the ingredients in the pot until the butter has melted and is well incorporated into the sauce – about 5 minutes.
- Turn down the heat and continue to simmer in the pot for about 10 minutes.
- The color of the sauce should start to look orange-ish red and will thicken up.
- Use in your favorite recipes, as a dipping sauce, for use with wings, etc.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins