I just love having tomato and basil bruschetta as an appetizer or just as a snack any time of the day!
In this post, I’ll share with you my super simple recipe for tomato and basil bruschetta that you can make at home in a jiffy.
Bruschetta is such a simple appetizer to make and depending on your presentation, it can really be an impressive treat to serve at parties with little effort.
In this recipe, I use some delicious juicy ripe red tomatoes with some finely minced cloves of garlic, some basil, onions along with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
OMG – we just can’t get enough of this bruschetta!
When you make this recipe, I would recommend letting it sit in the fridge for maybe 20 minutes or so just so the flavours have time to develop and do their special little bruschetta dance. haha
After chilling the bruschetta for 20 minutes, you can spoon the delicious tomato yumminess on top of some crispy toasted slices of baguette. Then give each little appetizer a kiss of Parmesan on top!
Don’t laugh at me! I just have to call the Parmesan sprinkles a kiss because it gives just the right amount of love to these wonderful little treats! I’m a little ridiculous sometimes and that’s okay! LOL
- 5 tomatoes, seeded and chopped small
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp basil flakes (the dry spice)
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped (I used a food processor to make them fine but NOT pureed)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch pepper
- Fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- A baguette, sliced diagonally and toasted
- Combine all ingredients except the parmesan cheese.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 20 – 30 minutes for the flavours to develop.
- Spoon bruschetta on top of toasted baguette slices and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Category: Appetizer