I have an obsession with feta cheese and sun dried tomatoes so this recipe makes a great combination for me! What's more important is that my son is willing to eat this! He's become more picky these last few months and sometimes it's difficult to get him to eat his veggies but he really enjoys this salad.
I like to make a large amount of this pasta salad so we have more for leftover for the next day. It's even better the next day since the flavors have all had a chance to mingle together nicely.
Please find the recipe below. If you like this recipe please let me know by leaving a comment! 🙂
For the Dressing:
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- about 3oz of sliced sun dried tomatoes in oil
For the Salad:
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced into 1” pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced and pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced into 1” pieces
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into chunks (you can peel the skin off but I like to keep the skin on)
- 1 2/3 cup feta cheese, cut into cubes about 1” inch
- 1/2 bag of pasta, cooked and drained
- Combine the ingredients for the Dressing and set aside.
- Prepare the ingredients for the salad (including the pasta – rinse with cold water and drain) and combine into a salad large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and combine.
- Place the salad in the fridge to chill for a few hours. Stir the salad a few times while chilling.