- 2 cups zucchini (is equal to about 1 or 2 zucchinis), grated and some of the moisture squeezed out
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp + 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
For the simple Glaze:
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 –1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 – 6 Tbsp milk (adjust according to how thick you want the glaze)
Optional: Instead of the simple glaze, you can also use my cream cheese icing recipe.[adinserter name="Follow DDB on Pinterest"]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 10″ bundt pan with cooking spray or butter. Set aside.
- Prepare the zucchini by grating over a mixing bowl.
- Over a mesh strainer, use your hands to squeeze out some of the moisture from the zucchini. You don’t have to get all the moisture out, but it’s best to remove some before moving onto the next steps. Once you do this, add the zucchini back into the mixing bowl.
- Into the mixing bowl with the zucchini, combine the melted butter, milk, vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and spices. Using a whisk works well to get everything well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Combine.
IMPORTANT: When combining the wet and dry ingredients, try to avoid over stirring. You want to mix until the dry just starts to dissolve into the wet.
- Pour the batter into the greased bundt pan and use a spoon or spatula to spread it evenly.
- Place the cake in the oven to bake for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack (still in the pan).
- Once ready to serve, place a plate on top of the bundt pan and flip over. The cake should easily come out of the pan.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake in the desired amount. Reserve some of the glaze to serve with the cake if anyone wants extra! 😀
How to make the glaze:
- Combine all ingredients under the Glaze section above. Adjust the amount of milk used depending on how thick you would like it.
- This makes about 1 cup of glaze, which is enough for the cake, plus some to serve on the side if you want extra.
- You can also adjust the amount of cinnamon depending on your tastes.
Regarding the glaze: You can serve the zucchini cake without the glaze if you like, as the cake is yummy enough as it is. If you’d like to use a cream cheese icing/frosting instead of the simple glaze, that works too! I’d highly recommend trying it with my cream cheese icing recipe. 😋
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking