These roasted baby potatoes make a great side and they're so easy to make!
I remember when I was a kid one year at summer camp they had a theme night for one of their dinners and called it “The Royal Dinner” – it was supposed to be food that the Queen would supposedly have for a meal. Everyone dressed up in whatever “fancy” clothes they had with them and rather than lining up like usual to get our food we were all served while seated. It was so neat and special. I can't remember everything that was served but there were baby potatoes!
I was craving something different for a side dish so I decided to try making some roasted baby potatoes for the first time since having them many many years ago at summer camp. I'm not sure what ever stopped me from making these before but I'm glad I did because they turned out awesome!
- 1 lbs white baby potatoes, cleaned off, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- pinch of dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Put your baby potatoes in an uncovered baking dish.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary and melted butter. Stir everything around so the potatoes are all evenly coated in butter and the herbs.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven uncovered for about 40 min or until the potatoes are soft in the inside when poked with a fork. About half way through the roasting process stir everything around again. Add the dried parsley and give it another stir after it comes out of the oven before serving.