So, you've decided you're having (insert your favorite protein here) for dinner but have no clue what you're going to serve it with. As tasty as that BBQ chicken or pork chop tastes all by it's lonesome on your plate, there's a missing piece this yummy puzzle isn't there?
It's got to have a little friend on it's plate, right?
Rice rice Baby! 😉
I'm a huge fan of rice as a side dish to go with whatever I'm serving for dinner.
Seriously though, here are a few reasons why rice makes for the ultimate side dish:
- Rice is inexpensive
- There are so many varieties of rice and each have their own special qualities (flavour, texture, scent,etc) – get bored of one kind? Try a different one! 🙂
- Rice dishes can be prepared using so many different ingredients that you can always make something new or different!
- Most rice recipes are quick and easy to prepare – thank goodness! 😉
- You can easily turn a rice side dish into a full meal by adding some proteins and veggies. 🙂
- The leftovers are yummy. Mmmmmm….
In this week's roundup I share with you my love for rice, the ultimate side dish ingredient!
Which recipe will you try first?
11 Must Try Rice Side Dishes
Baked Mushroom Rice from RecipeTin EatsCilantro Lime Rice from Cooking ClassyEasy Curry Fried Rice from dishesanddustbunnies.comGarlic Butter Rice from Spend With PenniesFreezer Friendly Fried Rice from Happy Money SaverKimchi Fried Rice from Pickled PlumJamaican Rice and Peas (Coconut Rice and Beans) from Curious CuisiniereEasy Vegetable Rice Pilaf from I Wash You DryEasy Coconut Rice from Ahead of ThymeBasil Pesto & Roasted Rice from Zen & SpiceRestaurant Style Mexican Rice from Culinary Hill