I just love this time of year. The hot summer weather is starting to cool down and the leaves on the trees are just starting to think about changing their colors.
We're in this nice little time in-between summer and fall. 🙂
When I think of summer, I automatically think of ice cream.
When I think of fall, I think of all things pumpkin spice and Halloween related.
So in the spirit of this lovely in-between time of the year, I thought it might be a good idea to create a dessert that's not quite summer and not quite fall… and it's perfect! <3
Pumpkin spice latte ice cream!!!
Yes, my friends. I went ahead and pushed the pumpkin spice a little further.
I'm not ready for summer to end and being the PSL lover I am, I just had to combine the two!
And indeed it is heavenly!
These ingredients combined and thrown into my ice cream maker create some kind of magic, I tell ya!
What you end up with is a rich creamy, pumpkiny ice cream with just the right amount of sweetness. It truly tastes like the pumpkin spice latte we all know and love! <3
After making this ice cream, it was gobbled up so quick!
My husband and son asked me when I'm making more… while they were still finishing up their first bowls! hahaha
A scoop of this pumpkin spice latte ice cream would be AMAZING on a warm slice of apple or pumpkin pie!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! <3
- 2 tsps instant espresso powder
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature, cut up (Make sure it's soft enough to combine smoothly)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch Kosher salt
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the espresso powder with the milk. Whisk until dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the cream cheese with the brown sugar. Try to work out most of the lumps so it's smooth. Add this to the milk and espresso mixture. Combine.
- Whisk in the pumpkin puree and combine to make smooth.
- Whisk in the maple syrup, vanilla and spices.
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- Add the mixture to your ice cream maker and make according to manufacturers directions. The ice cream should be ready for the next step in 25-30 minutes.
- Put the ice cream mixture into an air tight container and freeze overnight before serving.
Put a scoop of this yummy stuff on your favorite fall pie!! OMG yum!