Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day so why not start it with this simple AND super easy Egg and Bacon Breakfast sandwich!
This is what I like to have in the morning for my breakfast – it's super simple, and you've probably made something similar yourself.
Truthfully, I almost didn't post this breakfast sandwich since it's just that simple and easy to make!
I figured I might as well post this since the pictures are SUPER delicious and I have a couple tips to help you make an awesome breakfast of your own. 🙂
Tips for making an Awesome Breakfast Sandwich
- Don't be afraid of a little bacon fat. Seriously… fry your egg in that bacon fat. Life is too short – embrace it and love it. You have a whole day to burn it off and you won't regret it. 😉
- Try different types of breads. In this recipe I used an English muffin, but you could try using croissants, slices of baguette, foccacia or even sourdough bread. Changing the bread you use can make it a whole new experience!
- Try different types of cheese. I'm a big fan of sharp cheddar cheese, but you could try any kind you like! Just think of the possibilities – pepper jack, gouda, mozzarella, swiss… yummmmm
- Think outside the typical bacon. Maybe you could try using some thick slices of Canadian bacon (or as many of us Canadians call it, back bacon). Using slices of leftover smoked ham would be great too!
- Get creative with your toppings. What do you have on hand? If you have some salsa in the fridge, add some of that! I like using Tabasco Chipotle hot sauce, but you could also use toppings like Indian mango chutney, onion jam or any number of things!
Get creative and make some breakfast sandwich magic! 🙂
I hope you find the above tips handy in creating you very own tasty sandwich!
Breakfast sandwiches are so simple to put together and it's awesome just how many possibilities there are!
Check out my recipe below for exactly how I made the tasty looking one in the pictures. 😀
- 1 English muffin, toasted
- 1 egg
- Bacon strips
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Real mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- (Optional) Some hot sauce (I LOVE using Tabasco Chipotle Hot sauce for this!)
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan until crisp. Remove from the pan and lay on paper towel to drain excess fat.
- Crack the egg Into the same frying pan, with the bacon grease still hot. Cook on medium heat.
- Once the egg starts to bubble around the edges and solidify, use a spatula to flip it over and cook the other side. (I find that a metal spatula with a very thin edge works best)
- Once your egg is cooked the desired amount (it depends on how well done you like your egg), remove it from the pan and lay it on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Spread a little mayo on the inside of each slice of slice of the English muffin.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper to taste.
- On the bottom half of the English muffin, place the lettuce, then the fried egg.
- Sprinkle the hot sauce on the egg if desired.
- Now add the bacon, then cheese. Top with the other half of the English muffin.
- Category: Breakfast
I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below! 😀