- 1 English muffin, toasted
- 1 egg
- Bacon strips
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Real mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- (Optional) Some hot sauce (I LOVE using Tabasco Chipotle Hot sauce for this!)
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan until crisp. Remove from the pan and lay on paper towel to drain excess fat.
- Crack the egg Into the same frying pan, with the bacon grease still hot. Cook on medium heat.
- Once the egg starts to bubble around the edges and solidify, use a spatula to flip it over and cook the other side. (I find that a metal spatula with a very thin edge works best)
- Once your egg is cooked the desired amount (it depends on how well done you like your egg), remove it from the pan and lay it on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Spread a little mayo on the inside of each slice of slice of the English muffin.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper to taste.
- On the bottom half of the English muffin, place the lettuce, then the fried egg.
- Sprinkle the hot sauce on the egg if desired.
- Now add the bacon, then cheese. Top with the other half of the English muffin.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast