Have you ever tried Mexican corn salad?
If you haven’t tried it yet, you should definitely check out this recipe!
This recipe for Mexican corn salad makes a delicious sweet and tangy side dish that goes great with any meal.
The flavours of lime, cojita cheese, cilantro and chipotle combined with delicious sweet corn and avocado makes this a spectacular side dish!
This is great as a side dish served with anything barbecued!
Lately my son has been obsessed with any kinds of food that are yellow in colour, plus he loves avocados so this dish works out really well for him. 🙂
The chipotle powder in this recipe is not enough to give it an overwhelming amount of spice. It’s just enough to give it a little bit of “excitement”. Feel free to adjust the amount of chipotle though if you’d like.
This salad uses a traditional Mexican cheese called cojita but you can use feta cheese as a substitute and it’ll still taste amazing.
One of the great things about this recipe is that you could actually use it as a dip! This stuff tastes great scooped up with tortilla chips!
You can also use this as a topping in a grilled chicken wrap with veggies.
Seriously though, have fun with this recipe and see if you can come up with other ways to use it and please let me know what you come up with! 🙂
It’s so good!Print
- 3 1/2 cups corn (fresh or frozen – if frozen thaw)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 2/3 cups Mexican cojita cheese (you can use feta as a substitute), cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- Combine all ingredients, adding the avocado chunks last.
- Gently stir in the avocado chunks.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for at least 20 – 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve as a side salad or with tortilla chips for scooping up the yummyness! 🙂
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: Mexican
I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below! 🙂