Pork chops. Good ol' saucy pork chops, on top of some fluffy rice or a baked potato with some veggies. Ahhhhh…
That's what I call a darn good dinner! 😀
Today's recipe brings a whole lot of yummyness to the dinner table… Mango Chutney Pork Chops… YUM!
Pork is a staple in our household since it's generally quite inexpensive and there are lots of ways you can prepare it – plus it's tasty!
Typically, I like to buy a nice hefty pork tenderloin when it's on sale, cut it up and freeze portions for different recipes. This recipe is a great example of how you can use a pork tenderloin to make something other than the usual roast.
To make these gorgeously sweet n' saucy chops get started by melting a bit of butter in a frying pan and let it get a little brown. Browning the butter just a little will give the sauce a nice velvety richness.
After the butter browns just a tiny bit, I whisk in some mild curry powder and a little black pepper. Then it's time to brown up the chops!
Mango mango, mango mango mango mangoooooOOOOooo!
Not sure if you caught the reference there, but have you ever seen that crazy internet video with the dancing mangoes?
If you're new here or just getting to know me, you might notice I have a tendency for random silliness – it certainly makes life more interesting! 😉
While making this dish, I couldn't help but sing the mango song out loud with my son and now as I write this post – I simply can't get it out of my head! haha
If you clicked the link and it's stuck in your head now, my apologies… 😉
Anyways, let's get back to that tasty pork chop!
Once the pork chops have browned on either side, I remove them from the pan and set them aside while mixing the mango chutney and cream with the contents of the pan.
After letting the sauce thicken up a little, I drop the pork chops back in and simmer for a little longer.
The sauce is so good!
It's sweet from the mango chutney but also has a little tang from the curry powder. The cream and butter used in the recipe work great to compliment to curry powder – it's not spicy at all – it just give it a nice “hum” (hope that makes sense!)
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
I'd love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave me a comment in the comment section below! 😀
Mango Chutney Pork Chops
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 Pork Chops 1x
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin, fat trimmed and sliced into 1” thick chops
- 3 tbsps butter
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsps mild curry powder
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 3/4 cup mango chutney (This is the kind I use)
- In a large frying pan on medium heat, melt the butter.
- Allow it to reduce for a couple minutes so it just starts to gently brown. You don't want burnt butter though so be careful! Slightly browning the butter gives this recipe a nice velvety richness.
- Turn down the heat to med-low.
- Add the black pepper and curry powder to the butter and use a whisk to combine.
- Now, add your pork chops to the pan. Turn up the heat to Medium. Brown each side of the pork chops so they're golden. (Takes about 6 minutes each side – just watch it though).
- Put a lid on the pan and simmer for 10 minutes on LOW.
- Using tongs, carefully remove the pork chops from the pan and place them on a plate – set aside.
- Next, using a whisk combine the heavy cream and mango chutney with the contents of the frying pan.
- Turn the heat up just a little bit and continue to whisk as the sauce thickens up a bit.
- Return the pork chops to the pan and simmer in the sauce for 10 min, while covered with a lid.
- Serve the chops with rice and veggies and drizzle a little of the extra sauce on top if you like! 🙂
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins