I wanted to make something extra special for my family in New Brunswick while I was visiting and I am so proud of what I came up with! This cheesecake is absolutely amazing and is great for special occasions. It has a chocolatey brownie bottom with a scrumptious layer of Nestle Rolo Mini chocolates and a layer of creamy classic white cheesecake. This sinful treat is all topped with absolutely irresistible dulce de leche sauce, Hershey's Chipits Skor Toffee bits and pecan pieces.
It looks like a lot of work but really it's not too bad considering this is sooooooo amazing! Just make your two batters and have everything set out that you need before you start. I really had fun making this.
I used a basic 9″ circular spring form pan for this cake and lined the bottom with parchment paper. I also greased the sides of the pan with a little bit of butter to help reduce the cake from sticking.
For the Rolo mini chocolates layer I placed them evenly on top of the chocolate brownie batter allowing for some room in between each other to melt. I love how this part turns out once the cake is finished – the Rolo chocolates melt into a thin but rich chocolatey caramel layer. Once the chocolates were placed on the brownie batter layer I poured the cheesecake batter evenly over top and then popped it into the oven.
Once the cake was finished in the oven I gave it some time to cool almost to room temperature on the counter and then chilled it (still in the pan) over night in the fridge. In the morning I took the cake out of the pan and spread on that delicious dulce de leche sauce and sprinkled the top with the Skor Toffee bits and pecan pieces.
psssst… while you're here… If you're looking for more delicious cheesecake recipes, be sure to check out this awesome cheesecake recipe round up!Print
- Bag of Rolo Mini chocolates
- small bag of pecan pieces
- Skor Toffee Bits
- Can of prepared dulce de leche – use store bought or homemade
For the Brownie layer:
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup flour
For the Cheesecake layer:
- 3 cups cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp flour
- Melt chocolate with butter. Cool slightly.
- Whisk in eggs, sugar & vanilla. Stir in flour and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased 9″ spring form pan with parchment paper lining the bottom.
- Arrange Rolo chocolates on top of the brownie batter. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth and beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the brownie batter in the spring form pan making sure it's even.
- Place the cake into a preheated 350ºF oven for 45 minutes. Check on the cake near the end of baking time by using a tooth pick in the center. When the tooth pick comes out clean – it's ready.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan to room temperature. Then place the cake covered into the fridge to chill over night.
- When the cake has been chilled, take it out of the pan and spread the prepared dulce de leche sauce on the top and sides. Sprinkle Skor toffee bits and pecan pieces on top to your liking.
Dulce de Leche sauce can be made at home by placing a can of Sweetened Condensed Milk into a pot of water and boiling for 3 hours. Make sure the can is on it's side and completely covered in water during the process. Once the 3 hours are up remove from the water using tongs and allow to cool before opening.
Looking for more delicious Cheesecake recipes?
Click on the image below for more Cheesecake recipes!