It's the first day of fall and while for most people the season brings to mind thoughts of pumpkins, falling leaves and colder temperatures I'm going nuts thinking about something else.
The season premiere of The Walking Dead is exactly 1 month from today (Oct 22!) and I'm almost going mad waiting to find out what happens to Rick and the gang. If you've been following me for a while now you might have seen me on my social accounts obsessing over what might happen next in the series. haha
Are you a fan too?
Looking back to when my sister first introduced me to the show, it's funny to think about how I actually wasn't that interested in the beginning since I thought it was going to be just “some show about zombies”.
Wrong – I was soooo wrong.
It's not “just some show about zombies” – it's an incredible and epic tale about the lives of regular people from different backgrounds and cultures who come together despite their many differences, join as family and fight for survival. At the core of the show's many winding stories and plot twists is something much deeper – and that's why I love The Walking Dead. <3
I know that many of my readers are also big fans of The Walking Dead so I thought it might be fun to put together a roundup of some amazing party foods inspired by the show. These tasty treats and recipes would be perfect to serve at a season premier viewing party or for a Halloween get together! 😀
Hurry, grab whatever supplies you can find on your way to the kitchen as you dodge the many walkers in your path! 😉
This post is for you… Walking Dead fans! <3
Killer Recipe Ideas for The Ultimate Zombie or The Walking Dead Themed Party
Before we jump right into these wickedly awesome Walking Dead themed recipes, I wanted to also give you a few super easy party food ideas inspired by the show that don't even need a recipe!
- Anything BBQed, like ribs – Like what our “friends” at Terminus would have munched on 😉
- Lemonade – One of Negan's favorite drinks, you know! haha Use the powdered kind to keep it authentic. 😛
- Spaghetti – Don't forget spaghetti Tuesday has been changed to Wednesdays!
- Spray Cheese
- Orange Crush or Orange soda (as I say here in Canada – pop!) – The drink Tara asked Denise to bring back with her. *tears* 🙁
- “Cookies, lots and lots of cookies…” 😉
- Hot dogs
- Peanut butter – you could give guests some kind of peanut butter treat, but you could also take a big jar and set it on the serving table. Put a bunch of spoons in there so everyone can take their share!
- Chocolate pudding cups
- Chocolate bars/Candy bars – reminiscent of the “Big Cat Candy Bar” Michonne and Carl share.
- Is there anything I've missed? Let me know in the comments section and I'll add it to the list! 😀
Now, let's get into those awesome Walking Dead inspired recipes!
I hope you enjoy this post and find some inspiration for your next Zombie or Walking Dead themed party!
The Walking Dead & Zombie themed Party Food Recipes
The Walking Dead Zombie Marshmallow Pops from I Wash You DryCarl’s Chocolate Pudding from Try Anything Once CulinaryPudding Brains from A Magical Mess“Always Be Prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse” Chocolate Weapons Bark for Dead Eats: Recipes Inspired by The Walking Dead –The Walking Dead Cupcakes from Frugal Momeh!Bisquick Pancakes w/ Raspberry Maple Syrup (for Glenn & Abraham) from All Roads Lead to the KitchenDot’s Mozzarella Eyeballs from DabbledCocktail: The Negan (The Walking Dead Inspired Drink) – from Life She HasWalking Dead Brain Cheesecake from Sustaining the PowersDaryl's Ear Necklace from Semi Sweet DesignsCarol's Cookies (Season 5) from The Walking DeadHow to Make a Creepy Prociutto Face from The Things We'll MakeCoca-Cola Ham inspired by The Walking Dead from All Roads Lead to the KitchenThe Walking Dead Inspired Zombie Cocktail from Generations of Savings