- 3 lbs chicken thighs (you can use any chicken you like really, not only thighs)
- 4 – 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, grated or minced into fine pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used the reduced sodium kind)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp honey
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsps brown sugar
For the Sauce on the Side:
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- Drippings from the baking dish
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- In a glass 9″x10″ baking dish, whisk together all ingredients except for the chicken. Combine well.
- Place the chicken into the dish and spoon some of the mixture over top of each piece.
- Optional: You can marinade the chicken in this mixture ahead of time if you like.
- Place the baking dish in the oven uncovered and bake for 45 – 60 minutes. (Make sure to also spoon some of the sauce over the chicken a few times as it’s cooking)
- Once the chicken is finished cooking, remove from the baking dish and place on a serving plate.
- Serve with rice, veggies or anything else you might enjoy it with!
How to make the Sauce on the side:
- Skim the fat off the top of the drippings as much as possible. If there’s a little fat left, that’s ok too. You can also remove most of the fat using a gravy separator if you have one.
- Combine about 1/4 of the drippings and the cornstarch in a small dish and set aside. Mix it together using a whisk to make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the remaining drippings into a sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and lower the heat. Stir constantly using a whisk until the sauce reaches the desired consistency. Remove from the heat and serve with the chicken.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you’ll love my Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Wings! 🙂
- Category: Main