Sometimes the simplest of meals are often the best. This delicious recipe for Honey Dijon Chicken breasts uses only 5 simple ingredients and is so easy to prepare!
I made this on a night when I wasn't really sure what to do with some chicken breasts we had bought on sale. Using just ingredients I already had stocked in my fridge and cupboards I was able to create this yummy dish!
The flavor of the chicken was spectacular and I would describe the Dijon as distinct yet light while the sweetness of the honey was just right. I used a grainy Dijon mustard for this recipe since I really enjoy not only the taste but how appealing it looks when used in cooking. The mozzarella was sprinkled on top of the chicken and crisped up while baking in the oven.
The chicken was served over fluffy basmati rice and I also drizzled some of the sauce from the baking dish over top – this made it even more delicious!
Let me tell you – when this was finished baking and set on the table it didn't take long for it to disappear! 🙂
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 5 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Pre heat oven to 375°F.
- In a glass baking dish large enough for the chicken breasts – combine honey, Dijon mustard and mayonnaise using a whisk.
- Line the chicken breasts up in the baking dish and push them into the sauce.
- Using a spoon move the sauce around so that it's completely covering the chicken.
- Sprinkle the top with mozzarella.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour. Cheese on top should be golden,