- 4 large chicken legs, bones attached (I used about 4 lbs of chicken) – Feel free to try this recipe with other cuts of chicken 🙂
For the Rub:
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (I used a garlic based one but you can use whatever you like)
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp honey
- 3/4 cup chili sauce (Use the kind like this, which is similar to ketchup – but with a little kick)
- Thoroughly combine the ingredients for the rub in a small bowl.
- Massage the rub mixture onto the chicken and allow to chill in the fridge for at least 30 min before cooking. NOTE: If you’d like, you can marinate the chicken in the rub mixture overnight in a large zip top bag overnight in the fridge.
- Thoroughly combine the ingredients for the sauce in a mixing bowl. Into a smaller bowl, reserve about 1/2 cup of the sauce for use at the very end.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the chicken onto a baking sheet.
- Spread 3/4 cup of the sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 45 – 60 minutes. Half way through the cooking process, spread remaining sauce (except the reserved 1/2 cup) over the chicken.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking and has been removed from the oven, spread the reserve 1/2 cup sauce over the chicken.
- Serve with potato wedges, fries or whatever else you like! 😀
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Category: Main