Looking for a new lunch idea to serve to the kids?
Well, recently I came up with this AWESOME kid friendly take on the classic grilled cheese sandwich that I just have to share with you – my son can't get enough of it!
Introducing Grilled Cheese Pizza Sandwich Dippers!
These awesome sandwiches are so simple to make and at the same time they are absolutely scrumptious!
Plus, “dipable” foods are fun, right? 🙂
You can put whatever kinds of pizza topping you like in this sandwich, so it's great for picky eaters.
Shhhhh… here's a secret…
If you play your cards right, you might be able to get away with hiding a few veggies in between the cheese!
I did this and my son didn't even notice! He just kept dipping his sandwich into the sauce and gobbled it down. That's a win for this tired mama! 🙂
It's not only great for kids – being the fully grown adult that I am – I just love these! 🙂
- 2 slices of bread
- Margarine or butter, room temperature
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Slices of pepperoni
- Pasta Sauce/Pizza sauce on the side for dipping
- Use any of your other favorite pizza toppings
- Heat a medium sized frying pan on medium high heat.
- Prepare your bread by spreading margarine or butter on one side of each slice.
- Once the pan is hot, place one slice of bread, margarine/butter side down on the surface.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and then place slices of pepperoni.
- Sprinkle any additional pizza topping ingredients that you like. Make sure that if you're using lots of extra ingredients in the sandwich, you also use enough cheese to hold everything together.
- Sprinkle additional cheese on top.
- Place the other slice of bread on top of this – margarine/butter side UP.
- Using a flat spatula (I use one like this) with a “sharp” edge, carefully flip over the sandwich and cook for a couple more minutes until the cheese melts to hold everything together.
- Once the sandwich is done on both sides, remove from the pan.
- Serve with a side of pizza sauce or pasta sauce for dipping the sandwich. 😀
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below! 🙂