- 2 slices of bread
- Margarine or butter, room temperature
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Slices of pepperoni
- Pasta Sauce/Pizza sauce on the side for dipping
- Use any of your other favorite pizza toppings
- Heat a medium sized frying pan on medium high heat.
- Prepare your bread by spreading margarine or butter on one side of each slice.
- Once the pan is hot, place one slice of bread, margarine/butter side down on the surface.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and then place slices of pepperoni.
- Sprinkle any additional pizza topping ingredients that you like. Make sure that if you’re using lots of extra ingredients in the sandwich, you also use enough cheese to hold everything together.
- Sprinkle additional cheese on top.
- Place the other slice of bread on top of this – margarine/butter side UP.
- Using a flat spatula (I use one like this) with a “sharp” edge, carefully flip over the sandwich and cook for a couple more minutes until the cheese melts to hold everything together.
- Once the sandwich is done on both sides, remove from the pan.
- Serve with a side of pizza sauce or pasta sauce for dipping the sandwich. 😀
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins