I am a peanut butter fiend.
I love peanut butter. My son loves peanut butter. It's just perfect!
Classic peanut butter cookies were a favorite of mine when I was a little girl. I remember my Grammie on my Dad's side of the family would always bring some fresh homemade peanut butter cookies for me whenever she'd come to visit. Ever since my first little nibble, anything and everything peanut butter related has to make it's way into my house. 🙂
I'm sure you've seen many recipes online for the good ol' classic peanut butter cookies. In this post, I wanted to make a version of the classic recipe but as something my gluten free readers could enjoy!
And if you're not on a gluten-free diet – no worries!! You're going to LOVE these!
These flourless peanut butter cookies do not disappoint.
They're soft, chewy, peanut buttery and soooo YUM!
One of the best things about this recipe (besides the huge YUM factor) is that it's incredibly simple and easy to prepare. It's especially handy for when you might be running low on ingredients but want to impress a guest with a tasty treat. 😀
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Total Time: 39 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (most kinds are gluten free but please double check the ingredients if making for someone who's on a gluten free diet)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth.
- Place the mixing bowl in the fridge to chill for about 10 minutes.
- Quickly form the dough into 12 roughly equal sized balls.
- Onto the baking sheet, place 6 of the balls with plenty of space between each one.
- Using a fork, push down on the tops of the balls to squish them down and make the criss-cross pattern.
- Place the cookies in the oven to bake for 11-12 minutes.
- A couple minutes before the first batch is done, prepare another baking sheet with the rest of the dough.
- Once they come out, set the baking sheet on the counter and allow the cookies to cool in place for about 3 minutes. Then you can transfer them to a metal cooling rack.
Please make sure to let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for the 3 minutes before moving them. If you move them too soon they will fall apart.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 24 mins
- Category: Dessert