- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (most kinds are gluten free but please double check the ingredients if making for someone who’s on a gluten free diet)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth.
- Place the mixing bowl in the fridge to chill for about 10 minutes.
- Quickly form the dough into 12 roughly equal sized balls.
- Onto the baking sheet, place 6 of the balls with plenty of space between each one.
- Using a fork, push down on the tops of the balls to squish them down and make the criss-cross pattern.
- Place the cookies in the oven to bake for 11-12 minutes.
- A couple minutes before the first batch is done, prepare another baking sheet with the rest of the dough.
- Once they come out, set the baking sheet on the counter and allow the cookies to cool in place for about 3 minutes. Then you can transfer them to a metal cooling rack.
Please make sure to let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for the 3 minutes before moving them. If you move them too soon they will fall apart.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 24 mins
- Category: Dessert