This feta and cream cheese dip with garlic and dill is perfect with fresh veggies and crackers!
I just love the taste of feta cheese and dill.
When feta is on sale I like to stock up so I can have some when a craving hits. 🙂
I was looking for something tasty to whip up for a snack for my son and I realized I had some feta and some cream cheese on hand in the fridge.
This sounded like a great combination to me so I decided to cream the two cheeses together in my stand mixer along with some garlic, fresh dill and a little bit of sour cream.
I ended up with an awesome dip to serve with fresh veggies and crackers!
I totally wasn't planning on making this and it just sort of happened I'm super excited to share the recipe with you!
It was so hard to hold back my husband and son long enough to get the pictures taken for this post! Ha ha
After the photos were taken for this post, the dip quickly disappeared! Probably a little quicker than it should have, but it was some good!
The great thing about this recipe is that it would also make for a great spread on sandwiches. It's especially delicious with fresh slices of cucumber.
- 10 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 oz feta cheese, room temperature
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 sprigs of fresh dill, chopped or torn
- 2 tbsp sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Using an electric mixer (hand mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment) cream together the cream cheese with the feta cheese.
- Add garlic and dill and continue mixing until the dip becomes creamy and the ingredients are well combined. If you need to stop the mixer for a moment and scrape the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula so everything mixes properly.
- Add sour cream or yogurt and mix until the desired consistency. (You can adjust the amount of yogurt or sour cream depending on how creamy you'd like the dip)
- Serve right away with crackers and fresh veggies such as cucumber slices.
I'd Love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below! 🙂