If you're looking for an easy to make side dish – this is it!
Oven roasted potatoes are crispy crunchy and so perfect with all that yummy summer BBQ food that's coming up! 😀
I know I say this often, but just because something is inexpensive doesn't mean it has to be boring or tasteless.
This recipe for oven roasted potatoes is super inexpensive and packed with a big ol' punch of flavour!
The combination of garlic, cayenne, some smoked paprika, salt and pepper along with fresh thyme give these potatoes a wonderful dose of yumminess. 🙂
It's not only a great combination of seasonings that make these so irresistible…
… it's how crisp and crunch they become!
There's a little trick to getting roasted potatoes the perfect texture – it's so easy and the small extra step is totally worth it.
The secret to making these bites of goodness so GREAT is that you parboil the potatoe chunks for about 5 minutes. Then you toss them in the oven to roast with the seasonings and olive oil.
Doing this makes something completely magical happen with the texture!
Try it and let me know what you think! 😀
PS. If you're interested, the recipe for those delicious Sweet n' Sticky Pineapple Ribs also in the pictures can be found here. 🙂
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Parboil the potato chunks in a pot of water for 3-5 minutes.
- Into a large glass baking dish (9″x13″) combine the olive oil and other seasonings.
- Once the potatoes have parboiled remove them from the hot water and gently combine them with the oil and seasonings in the glass baking dish. Make sure the potatoes are coated as evenly as you can get them.
- Tear apart the springs of thyme and toss them on top of the potatoes.
- Place into the oven to roast for 1 hour. Make sure to stir the potatoes around 3-4 times while they roast in the oven.
- Category: Side
I'd love it if you joined me at my new Facebook group – Good Home Cooking! It's a group where you can join others who are just as excited about food and cooking as we are!