These no bake cherry dessert cups are so easy to make and are perfect for special occasions and for holiday entertaining!
It's almost hard to believe that my son is now 20 months old – seriously, who made the clock speed up?! As a little mini celebration I made these easy no bake cherry dessert cups. They took pretty much no time at all to put together and my son loved it!
The dessert cups include a layer of crisp rice cereal with walnuts and buttery brown sugar on the bottom, topped with whipped cream and mini marshmallows and then covered in delicious cherry pie filling. It reminds me of cherry cheese cake but is a little lighter since whipped cream is the main ingredient instead of cream cheese. I made the whipped cream from scratch but you could easily use a pre-made whipped cream if you'd prefer.
In addition to tasting like something heavenly they also look fancy too! I just put the dessert into standard sized wide rimmed whisky glasses and they look fantastic! These would be lovely given to dinner guests over the holidays!
I should also mention that this dessert is so easy to make that a kid could do it with just a little supervision!Print
Easy No Bake Cherry Dessert Cups
- Yield: 9 dessert cups 1x
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped up and ready
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling
- Combine melted butter, crisp rice cereal, brown sugar and walnuts in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine marshmallows and whipped cream.
- Spoon the crisp rice cereal evenly into each serving cup (wide rimmed whiskey glasses work great but you can use something else similar if you have it).
- On top of the rice cereal spoon the whipped cream marshmallow mixture evenly into each cup. Push the cream down to make an even top.
- Spoon the cherry pie filling onto the tops of each dessert cup.
- Chill in the fridge for about 2 hours before serving.