If you're looking for a new idea for breakfast, you should try making a breakfast taco!
Breakfast tacos are super delicious and are easy to put together in the mornings. One of the awesome things about these is how customizable they really are.
I find these super easy to make in the morning using leftover chopped veggies or whatever I feel like or have on hand at the time! 🙂
If you have some taco meat, sausages or another meat on hand from a previous meal you can re-heat them in the pan with a little seasoning and incorporate them into a breakfast taco!
After the meat has cooked in the pan I set it aside and cook whatever veggies I want to have. The veggies will soak in all that tasty taco flavoring from the meat that just cooked with the seasoning. YUM YUM YUM!
Once the veggies have cooked, all you have to do is make some scrambled eggs in the same skillet and then re-add the veggies.
The breakfast tacos in the picture have a combination of sausage, juicy tomatoes, onions, scrambled eggs and cheese – but you can add whatever pleases you!
Wrap up all your ingredients in a flour tortilla with some salsa, avocado slices, some cheese and whatever else you fancy! 🙂
I hope this post gives you some inspiration to make your own breakfast tacos! Please check out my recipe below.
- 3 chopped sausages
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1–2 tsp taco seasoning (adjust depending on your tastes)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Small flour tortillas
- Cooking oil
- Green onions, chopped
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook the chopped sausage in the taco seasoning and a little cooking oil.
- Once the sausage has cooked (or been heated through, if using leftover sausage) set aside on a plate.
- Into the pan, while still hot add the onions and tomatoes and cook until tender. NOTE During the cooking process you may need to add a little water to the pan so that the seasonings coat the veggies and not to the pan. The onions and veggies should be soft.
- If there are any other veggies that you'd like in the breakfast taco, add them along with the onions and tomatoes.
- While the veggies are cooking, beat the eggs and milk together in a large measuring cup.
- Once veggies are done cooking, remove from the pan and set aside.
- On medium heat, pour the egg and milk mixture into the pan, making sure to pick up any leftover seasonings from the pan. Stir this up until it becomes like scrambled eggs.
- Turn down the heat.
- Once the eggs are almost finished, re-add the veggies to the pan and stir around to reheat.
- Drop the 1/3 cup of cheese into the egg mixture and stir around until melted.
- Turn off the heat and remove the egg and veggie mix into a serving dish.
- To serve, place sausage, egg and veggie mixture along with other desired topping onto small flour tortillas.
I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below! 🙂