Since moving to Toronto a few years back, I’ve developed a love for the cuisines of different cultures. One of my most favourite has to be Indian food!
The spices and seasonings used in Indian cooking make for such a unique and exciting food adventure!
If you also enjoy the flavours of Indian cooking or you’d like to go on a food adventure of your own, you should try out my curry chicken salad sandwich recipe!
In this recipe, I used three cooked chicken breasts, allowed them to cool and chopped them into cubes. This recipe is also a great way to use up any leftover chicken you have from a previous meal!
The seasonings and spices used in this recipe make for a delicious and fragrant sandwich.
I added a little bit of garlic as well as some Indian garam masala and this makes for a wonderful authentic flavour along with the curry powder and honey.
If you’re not sure where to find garam masala, most larger grocery stores do carry it now. Garam masala is an Indian spice mixture containing coriander, cardamom, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Keep in mind that the ratios of spices used in garam masala sometimes vary depending on the brand or from where it’s purchased. Everyone seems to have their own special recipe!
Any variety of garam masala will taste awesome in this recipe so don’t worry!
This isn’t a spicy recipe so if you’re concerned about the heat don’t worry at all!
My 2 year old son loves this recipe and eats it right up!
The flavours of the sandwich come out more sweet and savoury rather than spicy. You can also adjust the amount of honey used in the recipe to make it sweeter or less sweet if you like.
I like to have my curry chicken salad in between a couple slices of garlic seasoned naan bread!
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, cut into cubes and cooled (you could also use leftover chicken)
- 3 tbsps curry powder
- 1/8 tsp garam masala
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp sour cream
- 2/3 cup of mayonnaise (use the real stuff)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Naan bread (I like to use a variety that is seasoned with garlic and it goes nicely with this)
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- For best results, chill the curry chicken salad in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. Chilling it overnight will give it more time for the flavours to develop though.
- Place the chicken salad between slices of naan bread and serve!
I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below! 🙂