I’m typically a meat and potatoes kind of gal, but sometimes I like to have salad or something a little lighter to go with my meal.
In this post I’m going to share with you my delicious, fresh and tasty recipe for couscous salad with tomatoes, cucumbers and feta!
This is one of those recipes you’re going to making all the time – it’s so easy and so incredibly delicious!
Some of my favourite recipes include feta – it’s an absolute obsession for me. Any kind of recipe with salty zing the feta cheese has me smacking my lips before it even reaches my plate.
Are you obsessed with feta cheese like I am?
If you are, we're most certainly best buds! 😀
In this recipe the feta cheese plays a starring role next to some gorgeous juicy sliced baby tomatoes and some crunchy fresh cucumbers and dill.
The salad is super simple to make and takes very little time to put together. You can serve this at room temperature right away or you can chill it in the fridge for a couple hours like I do, just to get the ingredients to mingle and do their thing.
The ingredients used in this post were all items I already had on hand in the kitchen, so you could even try adding any leftover veggies or herbs you might have at home for a different taste.
The combination of ingredients for the salad in this post ended up creating a couscous salad with a bit of a Greek flair to it. Yum Yum!
I love to experiment with flavours and the ingredients I have on hand and I highly encourage you to try the same thing in your own kitchen! This is a great way to save money by using up all those ingredients that you have already PLUS you get to try something exciting and new.
Don’t be afraid to experiment!
Use this recipe as it is (which is super super yummy!) or feel free to use your own combination of ingredients and use the recipe as a guide. 🙂
I’d love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment in the comment section below! 😀
- 1 2/3 cups couscous
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped into quarters
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsps fresh dill (really pack the measuring spoon)
- 1 1/2 cups feta cheese, cubed
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
- On the stove, bring chicken stock to a boil.
- Place couscous and garlic into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the hot chicken stock to the couscous and stir.
- Quickly cover the contents of the mixing bowl using plastic wrap and set aside. The couscous will absorb the chicken stock.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cucumber, dill, olive oil, cherry tomatoes and lemon juice.
- After about 10 minutes to couscous should have absorbed all of the chicken stock.
- Using a fork, fluff up the couscous so that it's not all sticking together.
- Put couscous into the large mixing bowl along with the other ingredients. Combine.
- Next gently combine the feta cheese with the rest of the salad.
- Cover the salad with plastic wrap and set in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours so the flavours can develop.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins