Ahhhhh….. Cinnamon Rolls….
I think the world needs more of them, don't you?
If you said YES, then you'll definitely love today's new recipe!
We are not only a cinnamon roll obsessed family, we are also pizza obsessed (surprize surprize! lol).
With that in mind, there's no way I could resist putting the two things together to great one crazy yummy Cinnamon Roll Dessert Pizza!
To start this recipe, I began by creating the dough and rolling it out into a nice big rectangle.
Then, I spread an oh so irresistible combination of cinnamon, brown sugar and butter on top.
Next I rolled up the dough so it looked sort of like a snail shell and placed it on my pizza pan to bake.
Once the cinnamon roll pizza came out of the oven this is what greeted me…
Just look at that!!
Can you almost smell that cinnamon goodness?!?
Let me tell you… this thing baking in the oven made the house smell like a dream… a very yummy one.
Next, I spread some of my homemade cream cheese icing on top and cut it into 8 slices.
As you may know – we're also cream cheese obsessed! 😀
If you'd like, you could also try slicing the dessert pizza and then providing the cinnamon roll icing on the side for dipping!
Taking a bite out of this dessert pizza is pure heaven.
It's like a pizza.. but it's a dessert… but also sort of like a big cookie!
It really is everything. 😉
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsps + 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 tsps + 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsps melted butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 tbsps butter (room temperture)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tsps cinnamon
Cream Cheese Cinnamon Roll Icing
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients using a whisk.
- Add the melted butter and milk to the mixing bowl.
- Stir until it forms a dough. You can use your hands for part of this if you like – I always find that helps! 🙂
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into the shape of a rectangle. I like to roll mine out to about 1/4″ thick so that I have lots of cinnnamon layers – it's ok if you roll it out a little thicker – whatever you prefer.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the Cinnamon Filling.
- Using a spoon, spread the cinnamon filling over the surface of the dough. Try to cover the dough evenly and try to make the filling reach the edges.
- Now, using your hands roll up the dough into a log. Make sure you roll up the dough from the longer side of the rectangle.
- Next, spray a 12″ pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Form the dough log into the shape of a “snail shell” spiral and place in on the pizza pan.
- Place into the oven to bake for 25 minutes. The top should be golden once it's ready to come out.
- Allow the dessert pizza to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, you can spread the Cream Cheese Icingon top of the whole pizza or you can put some frosting in little dipping cups on the side! That way, whoever is gobbling the pizza down can have a little or a lot, depending on their preference. 😀