Lately there have been mountains of fresh cilantro and limes on sale at the grocery store. Being the money saving lady that I am, or as I attempt to be, I thought it might be a great idea to use these delicious flavours to create an awesome salad dressing.
This is my cilantro lime dressing recipe!
As you may have noticed with many of my other recipes, I have a taste for Tex-Mex and Mexican inspired comfort foods.
Comfort food is one of my favourite types of food to cook and can be pretty rich so sometimes I like to have something a little lighter.
This salad dressing is perfect for when you’re craving something Mexican inspired and lighter! 🙂
Cilantro lime dressing is an excellent way to create a flavorful and knockout of a salad to go with any meal.
The cilantro and lime in this recipe really pop! I could put this on just about anything and be happy as a clam! lol
To make the salad dressing creamy, I use a combination of thick Greek yogurt and some extra virgin olive oil drizzled slowly into the processor with the other ingredients.
I use about a quarter cup of extra virgin olive oil and 5 tablespoons of Greek yogurt but you can adjust the amounts depending on how you like it. Add a little more oil if you’d like it thinner, or you can add a little more Greek yogurt and you’ll have a thicker dressing.
Although I haven’t tried it myself yet, I’m sure that you could turn the flavours into an amazingly delicious dip for tortilla chips!
What do you think?
I made this salad dressing as one of my little experiments and I’m quite pleased with the results!
Please find the recipe below and I hope you enjoy it! 🙂Print
Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing
- Yield: About 2/3 cup 1x
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 1 bunch of cilantro – remove leaves and discard stems
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Into a food processor put all ingredients except for the olive oil.
- Process the ingredients so that everything is in small pieces and smooth.
- Scrape down the insides of the processor so that all ingredients are processed in the next step.
- Put the lid back on the processor and using the small opening in the top, gradually drizzle the olive oil into the dressing while pulsing or processing on low.
- Pour the dressing into a jar for storage in the fridge (it'll be fresh for a couple days) or use it on your salad right away.
I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below! 🙂