Can you believe that Fall is here already?!
The cold weather is well on it’s way so warm up with a hot drink and snuggle in your blankies! That’s what I’ve been doing since summer slipped away on us!
Even though I’m not much of a fan of the cold weather, Fall is still one of my most favorite seasons – especially because of the beautiful changing colors of the leaves. How about you?
In this post I’m going to share with you an awesome and CRAZY EASY treat you can make at home to celebrate the season.
Chocolate Acorn Donut holes!!!
Aren't these little acorn treats cute?!
This is such a simple and quick recipe to put together – no joke. If you're running low on time and want to create something cute, creative and super delish to bring along to a get together with family (or even your kids school party or Thanksgiving), this would be it!
For this recipe I used store bought donut holes, but you can make your own from scratch if you'd like.
As a proud Canadian, I would highly recommend using some TimBits from Tim Hortons for this recipe. The ones I used for this post though are from a wonderful Atlantic Canadian company from New Brunswick called “Mrs Dunster's Donuts“. These are just just like homemade – yum yum yummy!
All you have to do for this recipe is dip the tops of the donut holes into some melted chocolate candy melts, dip them into some chocolate sprinkles and push a small pretzel stick through the top to make a stem. 😀
Put them in the fridge for about 10 minutes to set the chocolate and then serve!
Just look at those!! Aren't they awesome?!
You can also be creative and use different kinds of donut holes and sprinkles. Another awesome combination that comes to mind is using maple donut holes instead of the chocolate coconut ones!!
If you try using maple donut holes or another kind, please take a pic and leave a comment in section at the bottom of the page. I'd love to see how they turn out!
Chocolate Acorn Donut Holes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 Acorn Donut Holes 1x
- 12 Chocolate coconut donut holes (or any variety of store bought donut holes you like!)
- 6 pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 3/4 cup chocolate candy melts
- 1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Place the sprinkles on a plate.
- In a glass bowl, heat the chocolate candy melts for 30 seconds in the microwave and stir. Heat them again for another 30 seconds and stir. The candy melts should be melted and smooth.
- One at a time, dip the top of a donut hole into the melted chocolate and then into the sprinkles.
- Push the broken end of a pretzel stick into the top of the donut hole where the “acorn cap” was just created.
- Place the acorn donut hole on a plate or cookie sheet.
- Continue doing the above steps until each of the donut holes resembles an acorn.
- Chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes to help the melted chocolate set.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert