I call this frosting absolutely sinful because it absolutely is!
This is a simple frosting recipe that you can whip up in your stand mixer or you can just use you electric hand mixer. I made this to go on a new chocolate cake recipe I created and it was the perfect pairing. The frosting has just a small hint of chocolate but you can always add another tablespoon of cocoa if you want it even more sinful!
Please check out the recipe below and be sure to stop by next week when I share the recipe for the cake I made to go with this!
It was so rich and chocolately and incredibly delicious!!Print
Buttercream Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 (250g) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup softened no salt butter
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream (the kind in the carton)
- You can do this recipe using either a stand mixer or a handheld electric mixer.
- Cream together the sugar and cocoa powder with the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Turn your mixer to high and gradually pour in the whipping cream. Stop every so often to scrape the sides if needed.
- Continue to gradually pour in the whipping cream while mixing on high.
- The frosting should be done when it has become thick and almost fluffy from the whipping cream.
- I usually scrape the frosting into piping bags and place into the fridge to sit overnight but you can use it right away or put it into a container for use on cupcakes, cake, etc.