- 2 (250g) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup softened no salt butter
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream (the kind in the carton)
- You can do this recipe using either a stand mixer or a handheld electric mixer.
- Cream together the sugar and cocoa powder with the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Turn your mixer to high and gradually pour in the whipping cream. Stop every so often to scrape the sides if needed.
- Continue to gradually pour in the whipping cream while mixing on high.
- The frosting should be done when it has become thick and almost fluffy from the whipping cream.
- I usually scrape the frosting into piping bags and place into the fridge to sit overnight but you can use it right away or put it into a container for use on cupcakes, cake, etc.